Sponsored by Fenn Foods.
Our tours provide information about the life of farmed animals in the food and clothing industries through both happy and sad stories about the sanctuary residents. Entry is restricted to ticket holders only.
Our Walking Safaris depart the visitor area promptly at 11am and 12pm and take around 90 minutes. Guests must be accompanied by a guide when visiting the animals. There are steep hills at the sanctuary and there is a significant amount of walking involved.
- If you arrive before your tour you are welcome to wait in our visitor area where a Tofurky sausage sizzle and other goodies are available for purchase. The sausage sizzle finishes at 2pm and will not be available at the end of the 1pm tour.
- a suggested $5 donation applies
- kids and sponsors free
- children under 15 must be supervised at all times as animals are free-ranging
- visitors wishing to see the cattle and pigs are required to navigate a steep path
What to bring with you
We suggest you bring:
- a hat and water
- We recommend that you wear long trousers.
Visitors not wearing fully enclosed shoes will be denied access to the pig and cattle paddocks. Many of the sanctuary animals come from intensive farming and other cruel situations. You will be required to sign a liability waiver when you arrive at the sanctuary.
While visitors of all ages are welcome, the information that we provide on tours is most relevant to adults and teenagers.
For the animals and volunteers
Donations of fresh fruit and vegetables for the animals are welcome. We can only accept donations of apples, watermelons, bananas, grapes, strawberries, pumpkins, pears and carrots.
Food donations will be placed in our food store and must not be fed to the animals by visitors.
Donations of packaged frozen, refrigerated and shelf items for the sanctuary’s interns are also welcome. All donations for the interns must be vegan.
Our vegan bumper stickers, tote bags, tshirts and Sanctuary mugs will be available for sale.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL. ADMISSION IS AVAILABLE TO TICKET HOLDERS ONLY.
We look forward to seeing you.