Meet the chickens, goats, sheep, cows, pigs and other happy animals who have a forever home at the Farm Animal Rescue sanctuary.
Sponsored by Tofurky Australia and Fry’s Family Foods.
Our tours will provide you with information about the life of farmed animals in the food and clothing industries through both happy and sad stories about the sanctuary residents. Entry is restricted to ticket holders only.
Our Walking Safaris will depart the visitor area promptly at 10.30, 11.00, 12.15 and 1.00 and take around 90 minutes. Guests must be accompanied by a guide when visiting the animals. There are steep hills at the sanctuary and there is a significant amount of walking involved.
- If you arrive between tour times you are welcome to wait in our visitor area where a Tofurky sausage sizzle and other goodies are available for purchase. The sausage sizzle finishes at 2pm.
- a suggested $5 donation applies
- kids and sponsors free
- children under 15 must be supervised at all times as animals are free-ranging
- visitors wishing to see the cattle and pigs are required to navigate a steep path
- we will have take home packs of Fry’s Country Mushroom Pies available for sale.
What to bring with you
We suggest you bring:
- a hat and water
- We recommend that you wear long trousers.
Visitors not wearing fully enclosed shoes will be denied access to the pig and cattle paddocks. Many of the sanctuary animals come from intensive farming and other cruel situations. You will be required to sign a liability waiver when you arrive at the sanctuary.
While visitors of all ages are welcome, the information that we provide on tours is most relevant to adults and teenagers.
For the animals and volunteers
Donations of fresh fruit and vegetables for the animals are welcome. We can only accept donations of apples, watermelons, bananas, grapes, strawberries, pumpkins, pears and carrots.
Food donations will be placed in our food store and must not be fed to the animals by visitors.
Donations of packaged frozen, refrigerated and shelf items for the sanctuary’s interns are also welcome. All donations for the interns must be vegan.
Our Gift Cards, vegan bumper stickers, 2017 calendars, tote bags, and Sanctuary mugs will be available for sale. For a short time we are also offering frozen Fry’s Country Mushroom Pies for just $2 each thanks to the wonderful generosity of Fry’s Family Foods.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL. ADMISSION IS AVAILABLE TO TICKET HOLDERS ONLY.
We look forward to seeing you.