When: Sunday December 27, 2015
Where: 1713 Dayboro Road, Dayboro
Meet the chickens, goats, sheep, cows, pigs and other happy animals who have a forever home at the Farm Animal Rescue sanctuary. Sponsored by Plant Based Foods, Cocoluscious and Tofurky Australia.
Find out about the life of farmed animals in the food and clothing industries.
- The farm is open from 10am to 2pm
- Our Walking Safaris will depart the visitor area promptly at 10.30, 11.00, 12.00 and 1.00 and take around 90 minutes. Guests must be accompanied by a guide when visiting the animals.
- If you arrive between tour times you are welcome to wait in our visitor area where a Tofurky sausage sizzle, Cocluscious Ice Dream bar and other goodies are available for purchase.
- a suggested $5 donation applies
- kids and sponsors free
- children under 15 must be supervised at all times as animals are free-ranging
- visitors wishing to see the cattle and pigs are required to navigate a steep path.
What to bring with you
- We suggest you bring sunscreen
- a hat and water
- We recommend that you wear long trousers.
Visitors not wearing fully enclosed shoes will be denied access to the pig and cattle paddocks. Many of the sanctuary animals come from intensive farming and other cruel situations. You will be required to sign a liability waiver when you arrive at the sanctuary.
For the animals and volunteers
Donations of fresh fruit and vegetables for the animals are welcome. We can only accept donations of apples, watermelons, bananas, grapes, strawberries, pumpkins, pears and carrots.
Food donations will be placed in our food store and must not be fed to the animals by visitors.
Donations of packaged frozen, refrigerated and shelf items for the sanctuary’s interns are also welcome. All donations for the interns must be vegan.
Our Gift Cards, vegan bumper stickers, 2016 calendars and Sanctuary mugs will be available for sale.
We look forward to seeing you.
Please let us know on Facebook if you are coming.