Join us for our annual Christmas celebrations for the sanctuary pigs on December 13th, 2015. The highlight of the piggy year, the pigs get to enjoy all of their favourite treats as donated on the day by our visitors.
The pigs love watermelons, apples, pears, bananas, pumpkins, kale, strawberries and mangoes.
The farm is open from 10am and the Piggy Christmas lunch will begin at 11am sharp (please allow at least 15 minutes to park and make your way to the pig barn.)
After the Piggy Christmas we will be conducting sanctuary tours where you will be able to find out about the life of farmed animals in the food and clothing industries. You can also purchase a Tofurky hot dog from our sausage sizzle, or an ice-cream cone from our Cocoluscious ice-cream bar. You can also purchase a 2016 calendar, mug, vegan bumper sticker or gift card in the visitor area.
This event is sponsored by Torfurky, Plant Based Foods and Cocoluscious.
- The farm is open from 10am to 2pm
- Our Walking Safaris will depart the visitor area promptly at 12.00, 12.30, 1.00 and 1.30 and take around 90 minutes. Guests must be accompanied by a guide when visiting the animals.
- If you arrive between tour times you are welcome to wait in our visitor area where a Tofurky sausage sizzle and other goodies are available for purchase.
- a suggested $5 donation applies
- kids and sponsors free
- children under 15 must be supervised at all times as animals are free-ranging
- visitors wishing to see the cattle and pigs are required to navigate a steep path.
- Please RSVP on Facebook
What to bring with you
- We suggest you bring sunscreen
- a hat and water
- We recommend that you wear long trousers.
Visitors not wearing fully enclosed shoes will be denied access to the pig and cattle paddocks. Many of the sanctuary animals come from intensive farming and other cruel situations. You will be required to sign a liability waiver when you arrive at the sanctuary.
For the animals and volunteers
Donations of fresh fruit and vegetables for the animals are welcome. We can only accept donations of apples, watermelons, bananas, grapes, strawberries, pumpkins, pears and carrots.