Farm Animal Rescue are seeking habitat cleaning volunteers to care for some of the sanctuary’s most fragile rescued animals.
- Three hours per shift. Commit to either once a week, once a fortnight or once a month
- A minimum commitment of six months
- An excellent attendance record
- A gentle and compassionate approach to the animals
- High standards of hygiene, tidiness and cleanliness
- Responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Removal of faecal matter, spilled food, soiled straw and wood shavings from the broiler, duck and specialised hen care habitats
- General cleaning inside and around the habitats
- Scrubbing of soiled surfaces where warranted
- On occasion the cleaning of A/C filters
- Dressing of habitats with care, ensuring a balance of animal comfort and bedding cost management
- Choose from 7am to 10am, 8am to 11am or 9am to 12pm
- Minimum commitment six months
When it comes to animal care, we don’t mess around. The health and well-being of the sanctuary animals are our highest priority.
If you would cherish the opportunity to help with some of the sanctuary’s most abused and fragile residents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with responses to the following questions. Please ensure that you include a mobile phone number, which days you can volunteer for, and please be sure to check your junk mail and deleted items folders if you don’t see our reply in your inbox within forty eight hours.
- Why at this point in your life have you decided to become a volunteer?
- How many hours per week do you believe that you can dedicate to volunteering?
- Is your ability to volunteer consistent across the year?
- Would you be more comfortable with being responsible for a piece of work, or would you prefer to work as part of a team?
- Are you comfortable with managing other people?
- Why have you chosen Farm Animal Rescue as the organisation that you want to volunteer for?
- Are you certain that you are able to commit to be a volunteer for at least six months?
- What do you believe that you can achieve for Farm Animal Rescue in the first twelve months that you volunteer with us?
- Have you visited the farm on one of our Open Days, or ever attended one of our events?