We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers to help make our Open Days an even bigger success. Open Days are usually held every three weeks (more often during school vacations) with an average of 50 people attending.
Open Days are one of our most important initiatives. During Open Days visitors get to meet the sanctuary residents, hear their stories and find out about standard industry procedures. Many people leave the farm with a determination that they will live kinder lives and armed with technical information about why farm animals are friends and not food.
There are two types of volunteers needed for each Open Day:
– The Meet, Greet and Safety team: welcoming attendees, directing cars, getting signatures for signing in and signing out of guests, and walking attendees to the visitor centre. You are also responsible for ensuring the safety of the sanctuary animals and visitors when animals are present in the parking area or driveway.
– Service team: Setup and preparation of visitor area, cooking sausages and onions, selling food items and merchandise, processing cash and card transactions.
All roles will receive training so applicants can apply for multiple positions (provided a successful induction and trial period are completed).
Opportunities to become a tour guide are available to interested Open Day volunteers after becoming familiar with the animals and the management of the Open Day programme.
– Ability to be flexible depending on what needs doing. Friendly, outgoing and welcoming.
– Be able to take direction from committee members and other core volunteers
– Availability to attend one Open Day per month
– Punctuality – all volunteers must be on site at 9am
– Reliability – all volunteers are expected to stay until 2.30pm at the earliest
– Team player – all volunteers are requested to assist in the setup and packing up at the end of the day
– Supportive of Farm Animal Rescue’s ideals
– Able to commit for a minimum of six months
– Follows a vegan lifestyle
If this feels like the perfect fit, please send an email response to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.