You are cordially invited to our 10th Anniversary Black Tie Gala at the stunning Sky Room on top of the Brisbane Convention and Entertainment Centre.
This year we have pulled out all of the stops so that we can truly celebrate ten years of animal rescue and advocacy in one of Brisbane’s most premium venues, both as a celebration and to show how plant-based event catering has evolved.
On arrival you will be greeted with a glass of Jans Premium Cuvee on the expansive terrace amidst wonderful art pieces from local artists, and you will have option to purchase our fundraising cocktail. Donated by the Convention Centre, the cocktail this year is an exquisite french martini with all proceeds going to the sanctuary. We will watch the sun go down over the city of Brisbane before proceeding to dinner.
Highlights (and inclusions)* Sparkling wine on arrival, served on the expansive terrace overlooking Brisbane’s South Bank, amidst exquisite art pieces and accompanied by Des on the guitar
* 4 course degustation-inspired vegan feast consisting of locally sourced ingredients
* Premium open bar of vegan wines, beers and soft drinks for the duration of the evening
* Sommelier-crafted wine pairings with each course
* Keynote speech by Alejandro Cancino, World-renowned Executive Chef and CEO of Fenn Foods
* Fundraising auction of exquisite pieces by local and animal artists
* Fundraising auction of unique experiences and items
* A delightful and heart-warming review of our first ten years by Founder Brad King
* Post-dinner ambient music on the terrace
* Post-dinner disco in the Sky Room
* Tea and coffee with a choice of plant-based milks
* Celebration of ten years of saving lives and advocating for animals
Our keynote speaker is Alejandro Cancino. Highly awarded chef Alejandro Cancino never set out to become a pioneer of the plant-based cooking scene. And yet – having spent many years building a remarkably successful career as a respected culinary talent, both in Australia and internationally – in July 2018, Alejandro made a bold decision. He stepped away from his secure trajectory to focus on his and his wife Paola’s shared vision of creating a sustainable, plant-based future.
Alejandro trained internationally at Mugaritz in Spain, Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons in England and at Bulgari in Japan. In 2008, he was awarded Young Chef of the Year in the UK, then, in 2013, Best New Talent in Australia, and Chef of the Year in Queensland. Under his leadership, he saw Brisbane’s acclaimed restaurant Urbane grow from a two-hatted to a three-hatted venue – becoming one of only six restaurants in Australia to share this achievement. Now, Alejandro, alongside Paola and his young daughter Lola, is focussed on further transforming the Sunshine Coast into a go-to destination for plant-based cuisine developing delicious recipes for his family business Fenn Foods.
Throughout the night we will offer an open bar for wines, beers and soft drinks. Drink orders can be given to the waitstaff or you can visit the stunning bar on the expansive Sky Room terrace.
Menu (subject to change based on seasonal availability)* Bread roll with olive oil
* Scenic rim roasted vegetable salad, cashew cheese (with Saint Clair Sauvignon Blanc)
* Little Acre mushroom tart, green hummus, alpine pepper salsa (with Paringa Estate PE Chardonnay)
* Bundaberg vegetable lasagne, almond skordalia, crispy chickpeas (with Scorpo Norien Pinot Noir)
* Elderflower poached pear, rhubarb, pickled snow tremella, caramelised cashews, ginger and chia seed sorbet (with Jansz Sparkling Rose)
We are pleased to provide alternate wines with any course.
We are so proud of our achievements over the last ten years, and we can’t wait to share them with you.
The Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre has it’s own parking station in the basement of the building, available from Merivale Street. Lift access to the Sky level is available direct from the parking structure, or exit the parking structure to Grey Street and use the elevators located inside the Grey Street entrance. https://www.bcec.com.au/visit/…
A range of hotels are available within 2 minutes walking distance, including Rydges, Mantra and Novotel, all located across the street from the centre.
Accessibility facilities available at BCEC can be found at https://www.bcec.com.au/visit/…