We are seeking an animal care assistant to work for 8 hours up until dusk once per week and who will specialise in the maintenance and care of the sanctuary’s sheep and goats. You will work alongside our live-in animal care team.
The role would involve:
– Cleaning down walls and surfaces in the sheep and goat barns
– Ensure that yards are secure and safe
– Check areas that are accessible for the sheep and goats for trash and small items that might be considered food
– Monthly health checks of each goat and sheep
– Maintain a log of each goat or sheep describing current condition, health issues and medications
– Train new live-in animal carers in the daily maintenance of the sheep and goat barns.
– Lay new clean bedding and close up the houses in the evening, ensuring that all sheep and goats are accounted for
– Manage the entire farm operation in the case of sickness or default of a live-in volunteer
– Assist live-in volunteers as necessary
– Attend and contribute to a quarterly animal care forum
– Full training will be given
– Must be strong enough to secure and hold an aggressive goat
– Must be able to commit for a minimum of six months
– Must be available to work either Monday, Wednesday or Friday
– Follows a vegan lifestyle
If this feels like the perfect fit, please send an email response to Christine at email@example.com (with your CV attached preferably).